About Asia Pacific CSR Council
The purpose of the council is to advance the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations. Working hand in hand with local enterprises and NGOs, the council contributes to, and supports the advancement of sustainability in the Asia Pacific private and public sector.
The Council defines Corporate Responsibility as a company’s belief that the true measure of its wealth is directly linked to its efforts to better its employees and the communities in which it does business. Actions driving corporate citizenship are fluid and effortless as they are embedded in the organization’s value system. While many companies’ CSR efforts started with a focus on society welfare, this is only one aspect of CSR. A holistic approach to CSR embodies consistent work in the following areas: Diversity & Inclusion, Environmental Sustainability, Governance, Organizational Health and Philanthropy.
The role of the Council:
- Strengthen continued dialogue between stakeholders and governments around the Asia Pacific region in how to adopt and exhibit social responsibility and sustainable growth.
- Contribute to sustainable action plan and make recommendation to corporation on sustainability and growth.
- An annual event, the Asia Pacific CSR Forum & Awards to discuss on CSR important issues.
- International networking to advocate international CSR experiences
- CSR relations to the media.
- Latest CSR news and articles on CSR best practices on the website it maintain.